Improve body shape by removing exercise-resistant fat deposits with a tube and vacuum device.
Performed using the tumescent technique, in which targeted fat cells are infused with saline containing solution with a local anaesthetic before liposuction to reduce post-operative bruising and swelling. Common locations for liposuction include chin, cheeks, neck, upper arms, above breasts, abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs, knees, calves, ankles.
• Length: 1 to 2 hours
• Anesthesia: general.
• Inpatient: Extensive procedures may require short inpatient stay.
• Side Effects: Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness, soreness, burning sensation. Tumescent: Temporary fluid drainage from incision sites
• Risks: Asymmetry. Rippling or bagginess of skin.
• Recovery: Back to work: Few days. More strenuous activity: 1 to 2 weeks. Full recovery from swelling and bruising: 1 to 4 months or more
• Duration of Results: Permanent, with sensible diet and exercise.